Thursday 7 June 2018

Summer is almost here...

Recently, I haven't been around much. I needed a break. Not that I have ever been posting daily. And I take such breaks quite often, too. There are times when I feel  that I need to focus on everyday life much more. There are times when I get much more preoccupied with some of my other passions, like crocheting, reading or cardmaking. And there are times when I'm simply too lazy or too tired to walk down the stairs after putting the kids to sleep, sit in front of the computer screen for an hour or so and write a post or edit pictures. All of the above are partly responsible for the situation. For my not updating anything here. Or doing it so rarely.

What's going on with us lately? We definitely can'twait for the summer holidays. Our general goal is to rest as much as possible, recharge our batteries to the fullest (and beyond, if that's even possible), plan new adventures, read as much as we can, and finally hit the road. There are just a little over two weeks of school left.

We haven't been travelling much this past year. Well, it wasn't nothing, obviously, but also not as much as I could have hoped for. It's not easy with an infant. It's also not easy when one of the kids gets sick way too often. We had to change our plans on more than one occassion. Looking at it this way, I'm glad we managed to go to Egypt and have so much fun there.

This spring has spoiled us with summer-like weather. It's been hot and sunny, with almost no rain and no clouds. Enough to say that our kids were already swimming in the sea in May. And that doesn't happen... ever. Baltic Sea is a cold sea after all. Even during summer months it's often very difficult to get into the water cause it's so cold. And not to mention May (last year it was snowing in the first week of May). So, yeah, we've been spoiled with beautiful weather, so we're trying to spend as much time outside as it's possible. I'm just a little scared that this beautiful aura might be over before summer gets here.

What do we have in mind for this upcoming summer? We're going to spend the first weeks of the holidays at home. Reading, relaxing, bonding, going to the beach. Maybe we'll go on some local one-day trips, but it's a big maybe. We've got our 10th wedding anniversary coming up at the beginning of July. At the end of July, we're going to Bydgoszcz for my cousin's wedding. Then, we're going to spend a week in Sobieszewo, which technically is a district of Gdansk, but also an island (which is always cool). We'll be home for five days, which will give us (aka mainly me) enough time to do the laundry and pack our bags before we hit the road for our big trip of the year. Another roadtrip is awaiting us. It won't be as far in distance as the last one, but similarly long in time. If we're lucky, we'll visit five countries on the way. If we're extremely lucky, we'll visit seven. We're still dicussing our options, but our youngest will verify our plans on the way.

I'm also planning a (not so) secret getaway in September/October. Just me and... my son. Yes, I'm planning to leave my husband home with the girls (aka exchange him for a younger model) and test our son on a one-on-one trip with me. Hopefully, we'll both survive this bonding experience.

But before we start our adventures, I'm planning to be a little more active here on the blog. I know it's been a long time and you might see no sense in it, but I'm planning to describe all our past adventures. Starting with 2016. I'm planning to finish describing our 2016 roadtrip, write about a few visits to Polish castles, mention our weekend in London, write a post or two (or five, if I like ;)) about our holidays in Egypt... Clearly, there's a lot that never made it to this blog. And since we treat it as a kind of diary of our travels (both local and distant), I want to have them all here. So if everything goes according to the plan, there's enough stories to keep you occupied until our next roadtrip.

It's good to be away from time to time. But it's also good to come back. I hope I'm back now.



No comments:

Post a Comment