Tuesday 1 January 2019

New year, old posts

Aaand the New Year's here. 2019. It's not like I suddenly feel order. Or have many plans that I didn't have yesterday. Or have all those New Year's resolutions (I don't make those, cause they usually last for a few days anyway and get lost and forgotten, so what's the point...).

We're spending the turn of the year fighting infections, unfortunately. For the second year in a row. Last year it was Paulinka, this year it's both girls. Nothing serious, I hope, but we have to stay home. At least for a few days.

Tomorrow we're back to work and back to school. Holiday time is slowly running to an end (and I'm planning to cherish every last minute of it I still have left). Right now the baby is napping, the older kids are playing together, we're all sitting in one tiny room (cheers to having a big house) and it's great. We're al together (apart from the baby), although everybody is doing what they like.

We spent midnight watching fireworks. We have a decent (ok, a great one really) view of the town from our windows, so there's a lot to see. We were almost all together. Cause just one of us definitely said that they don't want to wake up, don't want to get up, don't want to see the fireworks, but sleep instead. No, that wasn't the baby. That was Paulinka. So the rest of us, so me, K., Arti and Martynka plus my parents were watching the show, while she was sound asleep. And she was also the one who slept longest in the morning. Martynka woke up before midnight and stayed up till 2 a.m. playing, having fun, partying. We had the time to read books then.

Tonight, I'm also planning to do just the things I like. Read a little, crochet a little, watch a movie a little. But that's when the kids are already asleep.

I once wrote that I'm not going to start describing our most recent travels until I'm done with our Eurotrip2016. 2,5 years, that's how long it's taking me to finish writing about it. But so many things happened in the meantime. And I don't actually enjoy sitting at the computer anymore. Yes, I used to like it. Now I prefer other things. Apparently, I am getting old ;)

Without further ado, I'm going to write a word or two on our next 2016 roadtrip stop now. Yeah, believe it or not, I will finish that one. Even if those last two or three posts on the topic are going to take me another three years ;) Just kidding. I hope.

Anyway, we're already on our way back home. Slowly, as we still have a few things to see on the way. If we manage. We spent the night in Zaragossa, but that was it. We saw nothing there, not even the street outside the camping. We spent the whole afternoon playing in the pools, sipping drinks, chilling, relaxing. Simply enjoying our last afternoon and evening in Spain. In the morning, we quickly packed our belongings and in no time, we wereon the road again, headed for one of the tiniest countries in Europe (not the smallest one, but one of the smallest).

We got to Andorra without any troubles. Which was great, as the following day, on our way to France, we saw a looooong line of cars (like a good few kilometres) standing, waiting to get to Andorra. A few hours' wait for sure. But we got to Andorra without any troubles. Quickly found a free spot on one of the campsites and were ready to explore a little. We just went for a short walk and a little bit of duty-free shopping. But we enjoyed the views as well. It must look marvellous in winter. It was my second time in Andorra, after almost 20 years, for the second time in summer. I must return in winter for once. But since I don't ski (tried once, just once and it's not that I didn't enjoy it, I just didn't have a chance to do it again), I usually choose warm destinations for our winter get aways. Or stay home in winter.

There's not much to write about our day in Andorra, just a few pictures to share, I guess. So.... here they are.

We liked this car a lot. And since during the trip we were reading a book about a guy who had a very peculiar car (an amphibia that looked strange, like it couldn't drive, but had an engine of a ferrari or something. An old Polish series of detective-like books), we found it even more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment