Friday 20 November 2020

Just a quick recap.

Hi there. Remember me? Here, in the blogging sphere? I know I've been saying that I would get back to blogging. That I would make up for all the "lost" posts and write what I've been wanting to write for so long. But I haven't done any of that yet. It's not that nothing is happening. It's not that we're lying in beds all days long, belly up, doing absolutely nothing. But since covid is blocking so many things in our lives, it just felt strange to write about our adventures, be it present or past ones. 

The older kids are stuck at home back again. Have been for a few weeks now. Back to online schooling. The youngest is still going to preschool, with her own successes on the way. She's changing to a big big girl, and so fast! K. is still working from home, which is not going to change till the end of June, most likely. I'm going to my office, which is a five minute walk away from home, and I hardly meet anyone either in the building or on my way to/from work. We're spending a lot of time together as a family these days. More than we've ever spent together. More than we'll ever spent in the future, most likely. So although the pandemic itself is not welcome by anyone (I guess), we should make the most of the time we are given. Get to know each other more. More in depth. Appreciate the lack of commute. See more of what's local instead of the distant places we often tend to long for more. Work more on your other hobbies and passions (mine include crocheting, cardmaking, playing board games, among others. Just for the record ;)). Oh, and I'm cooking and baking more than I used to (as in: before I quit my full-time job) and finding much more pleasure in it. So, yeah, there are some good sides to this year, too :)

Oh, yes. And I dyed my hair purple. It's washing out quickly already, so I'll get back to my brighter hair colour soon, so I'm taking in every minute as it still lasts :) Yes, I like this colour a lot, yes I feel good in purple hair, it's just too demanding. I mean I have to redo the colour way too often for the colour to look really rich. 

I'm still working on spending my evenings writing some new posts on our past travels. Obviously, because of the pandemic, we didn;t go anywhere far this year. But we're still trying to make the most of this year. Our this year's Eurotrip changed into Poltrip (or Polandtrip), with much focus natural sights, but not only, of course. It was warm, mostly sunny and great. A totally different experience for us. The kids enjoyed themselves a lot, but towards the end they said that what they missed the most was the tent experience. Yes, we rented flats on our way, instead of taking a tent with us (weather here is too unstable for my taste. And while we were enjoying ourselves on our roadtrip having amazing weather, my parents, just 300-400 kms away from us, had it cold and rainy. Yes, the weather can change overnight. And even though I still remember it being just 9 degrees in Croatia mid-August at noon a few years back - who would have known, I know! - usually it is more predictable). We also go to Hel as often as we can. For weekends mostly. And every other weekend (or at least the kids try to go every other weekend, mainly with my parents, while we reorganise various places at home. Last time - girls' room. Now it looks totally different. As they themselves say - it looks much cleaner now. I'm proud that they can appreciate it, too). 

Ok, so that's basically it for now. Only a quick recap of the last few months. 

 

That's us in Hel in mid-October.



No comments:

Post a Comment