Monday 5 March 2012

Really hot summer days in GaPa

I'm in the holidays mood. No, I'm not having any at the moment. It's just that I've started planning this year's holidays. And I sooo want to go already. Right now. Go-go.Anyhow, I still have to wait for a few more months, but there's one place I had to book a place at. Now I have to find out how big our tent is... I mean in square meters... Nvm, I'll have to figure that out somehow ;)

So, as I'm in the holiday mood, I'm going to write a few words about a couple really hot days that we spent in Germany once.

It was seriously hot. Well, hot is a delicate way of describing that. Ever tried sitting on a frying pan during the frying process? Well, that might be close...

We spent a couple of days in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, or GaPa in short. Two separate parts although connected. It could be an insult to say that you're in Garmisch while you're in fact in Partenkirchen or the other way round, so watch out for that.

GaPa is a beautiful place. Kind of like a place where time stops flying, quiet, peaceful... At least in summer time. Or it was just my impression. Mountains everywhere. Not that many people around. Many houses were painted colourfully. And the colours plus the sun plus too much heat made me feel like in heaven. Well, probably the last factor played a vital role in it. Or maybe I should say that I felt like in hell, cause that's supposed to be too hot ;) I still haven't checked what that's like, so sorry for that.

And we went to see grosse olympia schanze. Haven't seen one in Zakopane, Poland yet. But have seen one in Germany. Well, life ;)



 That's the temperature in shade! not in sun! and in a place where there was a little wind blowing! well, maybe i'm exaggerating by calling it wind ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment