Thursday 16 August 2012

One word. Zwinger.


There’s not much I can say about Zwinger. Ohhhh’s and wow’s weren’t enough to describe the intensity of our delight with the place. I so wanted to stay there. Artur was over the moon with all the fountains. I loved the architecture, the sculptures, the details. There were lots of people inside and yet you couldn’t feel that.

The Zwinger is a palace. Or rather used to be. Now it serves as a museum complex. There are four different exhibits there – Old Masters Picture Gallery, the Dresden Porcellain Collection, the Armory and the Royal Cabinet of Mathematical and Physical Instruments. And a great place to spend a second during a busy day and simply rest (yup, despite the amount of people there!).

I hope you’ll enjoy the pictures I took there. And at least via them you’ll be able to get the ambience of that place.



















No comments:

Post a Comment