Friday 14 September 2012

A short trip to Poznan

Poznan is a city that has a special place in my heart. That's the place where I lived on my own for the first time. That's the place where I spent five years of my life. That's the place where I finished both my faculties. That's the place where we got engaged. That's the place with a lot of memories: good, bad, happy, sad. That's a place where many of my friends still live, so I visit the place even more eagerly. Oh, my mother finished the same uni as I did ;) Just many some years before me. Well, even before I was born ;)

When I close my eyes, I see some pictures with Poznan in the background. Snow, yellowish/orangish street lights, black sky and me walking the streets of Winogrady. Roses blossoming in Rosarium. The old town festivities when Poland joined EU (double decker driving around Poznan - that was fun, nvm). Autumn walks in Winiary around lakes or in Piątkowo, as if swmming in the colourful leaves lying on pavements. Spring walks by Malta lake. Doing shopping around midnight in Tesco that was closest to my flat. Having a lot of great time! Oh, and the wonderful IFA building ;) That modern building with those never-being-broken-down lifts. Those were the times ;)

We went to Poznan in June, right when Euro Champs were starting (Poznan was one of the host cities, same as Gdansk). We went to visit my dear friend, Gosia, who spent the long May week(end) with us in Kaszuby. It was, as always, a great time. And we also had a little reunion (which I'm going to write about a little some time in the future).

 At noon all tourists gather at the entrance to the town hall to watch these two beautiful goats (dressed when we were there due to Euro Champs)
 The Euro 2012 thingies

No comments:

Post a Comment