Tuesday 18 June 2013

Watch out what you're wishing for

Last Wednesday I wantd to make a post on a party that I threw for my friends. Today's Tuesday... and where's the post? It will appear, I promise. And soon. This time I have a good excuse for the delay, though.

I hereby announce (or share the happy news ;)) that on Wednesday, June 12th, at 11:35 am our little girls Paulinka decided to leave her mom's comfortable yet a bit too tight belly and meet with her face to face. She was 55 cm long and weighed 3620 g. We got back from hospital on Friday afternoon and spent the weekend adjusting to the new situation our little family's facing.

I love her with all my heart. And, frankly speaking, not only me. When he saw her in hospital while picking us up and taking us home, Arturek whispered "oh, what a cutie". And he didn't let anybody near her. To avoid waking her up. To avoid hurting her in any possible way. A protective older brother. He helps with diaper changing, he helps with bathing her. He says goodnight to her every evening. He says goodbye and strokes her head when he sets off to kindergarden. He's perfect.

I got a perfect birthday gift. I can hug her today. Just what I wished for. Happy birthday to me!

W zeszłą środę miałam napisać post o imprezce, którą zrobiłam dla koleżanek. Dziś wtorek... i gdzie jest ten post? Będzie, obiecuję. I to szybko. Tym razem jednak mam naprawdę dobre wyjaśnienie opóźnienia.

Niniejszym ogłaszam (albo po prostu dzielę się radością ;)), że w środę, 12 czerwca, o godzinie 11:35 nasza mała Paulinka zdecydowała się opuścić wygodny, choć nieco już ciasnawy brzuch mamy i spotkać się z nią twarzą w twarz. Mierzyła 55 cm i ważyła 3620 g. W piątek po południu wróciłyśmy do domu i spędziliśmy weekend przyzwyczajając się do nowej sytuacji, z jaką mierzy się nasza mała rodzinka. 

Kocham ją całym sercem. I, szczerze mówiąc, nie tylko ja. Arturek musiał koniecznie przyjechać do szpitala, żeby wraz z tatą zabrać nas do domu. I kiedy zobaczył swoją małą siostrę, szepnął "Ale śliczności". I nie pozwolił nikomu się do niej zbliżyć. Żeby jej nie obudzić. Żeby jej w żaden sposób nie skrzywdzić. Opiekuńczy starszy brat. Pomaga przy zmianie pieluch, pomaga przy kąpieli. Co wieczór mówi jej dobranoc. Gdy wychodzi do przedszkola, mówi jej do widzenia i głaszcze po główce. Jest cudowny.

Dostałam idealny prezent urodzinowy. Mogę ją dzisiaj przytulić. Tak jak tego sobie życzyłam. Wszystkiego najlepszego dla mnie!







2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Joanna!! She is just so beautiful! I can't wait to read more about little Paulinka and Arturek becoming such an amazing big brother!
    You get some rest now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gesci. Now that we're home, we're trying to get as much from the pretty summer weather that we have as possible. I've been waiting for summer fruits, though, as you already know and I can't eat them now - that's the only shame of the fact that little girl was born before the due date. Our cherries and strawberries got pretty tasty and all while I was already in hospital. And raspberries and redberries are still to come - and they can all hurt her little belly. Seems like I'm gonna have to wait till next year's crops ;)

    ReplyDelete