Wednesday 6 June 2012

We're off for the weekend again!


We’re off for the weekend again. Why am I writing this on Wednesday? Tomorrow’s Corpus Christi – a day off in Poland. We also have Friday off, so we’ve decided to hit the road already today. Tonight, to be exact. We’re going to Poznan – a place where I studied, where I had many of my dates with my husband, where we got engaged… A place that will always have a special place in my memory and in my heart.

I still don’t know, however, if we’re coming back Saturday or Sunday. We really wanted to stay there till Sunday, but the first Euro 2012 match in Gdansk is on Sunday, so half of the roads in the city will be closed. Imagine the traffic jams then! I’m not even going to dare and do it. Spain is playing against Italy. That’s all I know. I’m not a football fan. Neither is my husband. I’m glad that we have Euro in Poland, a lot of positive changes in the country took place thanks to it. I’m glad that there are only four matches in Gdansk, though. The stadium is quite close to where I work. And I have to drive through the whole TriCity to get home. Luckily the matches are in the evening. All of them except for the first one, the one on Sunday. Hence our doubts. We’ll see. We’ll have to talk it through and then make the decision. Anyhow, read you next week!

Enjoy yourselves for the rest of the week! No matter if you have to work or you have days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment