Tuesday 23 September 2014

Summer leftovers

On Sunday evening, Arturek flew to Rome with my parents. So we're at home with just the younger of our kids. I couldn't imagine it might be so quiet and so empty without him. Does that mean I already miss him? Yeah, most likely. It's not that common that he goes somewhere without us, although it does happen occassionally.

It was raining on Sunday, it was raining today. And I still would like to have Summer in mind. I know, Autumn can be pretty, too. And, to be honest, I really love it. The pretty colours on the trees, leaves, chestnuts and acorns on the ground. But this year we've been blessed with such a pretty weather in the Summer that I just simply can't let it go. And with a view of going to Italy in a few weeks, it's even more difficult!

This time, to bring back the memories of the not-so-long-gone Summer (it was so hot on Saturday that I almost thought it was the middle of July!), I'm sharing with you a few pictures that we took in Sopot. The water was then still almost as warm as the air (seriously, it felt like walking into a gigantic bowl of soup, especially with all the water plants around us), so we went to the beach in the afternoon, just for the pleasure of getting into water (and then heading back home).

So, enjoy! :)

W niedzielę wieczorem Arturek poleciał z moimi rodzicami do Rzymu. Tak więc zostaliśmy w domu jedynie z młodszym z naszych dzieci. Nie miałam pojęcia, że w domu bez Arturka może być tak cicho i tak pusto. Czy to oznacza, że już za nim tęsknię? Tak, najprawdopodobniej. W końcu nie często zdarza mu się gdzieś wyjeżdżać bez nas, chociaż czasami się to zdarza. 

Padało w niedzielę, padało również dzisiaj. A ja wciąż chciałabym, aby trwało lato. Tak, wiem, że jesień również może być piękna. I, prawdę mówiąc, bardzo ją lubię. Piękne kolory na drzewach, liście, kasztany i żołędzie pod nogami. Ale w tym roku lato rozpieszczało nas piękną pogodę do tego stopnia, że teraz ciężko mi się z tym pożegnać. Tym bardziej, że w głowie mam wizję wyjazdu do Włoch już za kilka tygodni!

Tym razem, by przywołać w pamięci wizję nie-tak-znowu-dawno-minionego lata (w sobotę było tak gorąco, jakby to był środek lipca), dzielę się z Wami zdjęciami, które zrobiliśmy w Sopocie. Wtedy woda była jeszcze prawie tak ciepła jak powietrze (serio, wchodząc do wody miało się wrażenie, jakby wchodziło się do miski z zupą. Pływające roślinki wodne tylko wzmagały to wrażenie), więc na plaże poszliśmy po południu. Tylko po to, żeby uprzyjemnić sobie dzień kąpielą (a potem od razu wrócić do domu).

Miłego oglądania! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what happy pictures!!! I'm also sad about Summer's departure. I do love the pretty colored leaves, but I am definitely a warm weather person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even decide if I'm a warm or a cold weather person. On one hand, I love summer, when it's warm, sunny, everything is green, flowers are blossoming with so many colours, and so on. But on the other hand, I love it when the world is hiding under the blanket of snow. When it's cold, but also sunny. When we can make a snowman and have a snow fight. So I'm really torn...

      Delete